Udad dal tadka (Black gram)
Course main course
Serving 5-6 bowl of dal
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
Total time 20 minutes
Author nitisha mini Ka menu
2 cup udad dal soaked for 15 minutes
Boil the dal for 3 - 4 whistle
Other ingredients required :-
1 medium size chopped onion
2 medium size chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoon chilli powder
2 teaspoon sauf (fennel seeds)
1 teaspoon mustard seed
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2-3 dry red chilli
2-3 green chillies
Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
Salt to taste.
- Take a pressure cooker add udad dal and salt
- Let it Cook for 3-4 whistle.
- Till then prepare ingredients for tadka.
- Chop onion, tomato, green chillies and garlic.
- Keep a side.
- When the daal is done.
- Heat a pan add oil, when oil is done add Fenugreek seed, cumin seed mustard seeds and fennel seeds,saute for few seconds.
- Don't let it burn.
- Now add ginger /garlic paste. Add some water so that masala does not burn.
- Now add onion and saute for few minutes
- Then add chopped tomatoes and cook for another few minutes.
- When tomatoes are done add turmeric powder, chilli powder, little coriander powder and Salt to taste.
- Give a good stir, add green chillies and add boiled daal .
- Mix it well.
- If daal is thick then you can add water as required.
- Now taste it and add chilli powder and salt according to your taste.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Your udas daal is ready to serve
- Serve hot with makki ke dhoklas or bafla or batti.
- Enjoy your meal.
- Keep all the ingredients ready for the tadka
- Don't let the Ginger garlic paste burn
- Before serving do taste salt and chilli.
- Add water as required.